October 18 to 22
It is more important than ever to protect our personal information.
With personal devices, smart devices and the internet becoming a routine part of our lives, as we use them to work, learn, exercise, entertain ourselves and socialize, it is more important than ever to protect our personal information and teach our kids to develop habits that will make it part of their day-to-day routine. Like how children learn to be safe outdoors, children need to learn to be safe online.
Topics and tips for week 3 include:
- Protecting your personal information as it is valuable to you but also cybercriminals.
- Familiarising yourself with the terms and conditions of applications you use as some may be sharing your personal information with third-party organizations.
- Avoiding phishing attempts and online scams.
- Staying safe on social media and not oversharing personal information.
- Maintaining privacy while online and gaming.
- Reviewing and updating privacy settings and making it a habit.